Our Aberdeen Counsellors offer you confidential counselling and Aberdeenshire therapy for personal, emotional and relationship problems.
Research clearly shows that counselling is very effective. Therefore, it is often very helpful to talk through a problem with a professional counsellor or psychotherapist in a confidential and safe environment at Possibilities Counselling and Psychotherapy Centre Aberdeen.
Some Reasons for Seeking Counselling:
The thousands of people we've successfully helped have come to Possibilities for many different reasons:
- May'be you would like to change something specific about your life?
- May'be you have a particular issue you would like to resolve?
- May'be you have a sense of wanting to explore different aspects of your life to gain a deeper and more helpful understanding?
- May'be you're feeling a bit confused and uncertain about what to do next?
- May'be you're struggling to cope and need some support and new ways of dealing with things?
- May'be things have become a bit meaningless and your looking to find ways of bringing more meaning into your life.
- May'be you just want someone to listen generously and carefully?
We all struggle at times.
At Possibilities, in addition to being highly experienced, qualified and professionally registered, our counsellors and psychotherapists are all, first and foremost, friendly, caring and compassionate human beings.
We believe that to become an effective therapist, you must first become a human being!
As best we can, we're here to make good things happen.
Why not have a look through our website to find out more about how we may be able to help you.
Aberdeen Counselling can help you manage the following difficulties
Our therapists can help you address issues, such as: anxiety, depression, stress, panic, anger, worry, trauma or post-traumatic stress (PTSD), social anxiety, excessive shyness, health anxieties, low self esteem, bereavement, grief and loss, phobias, OCD, eating difficulties, problems affecting your work, relationship problems, abuse, confidence issues and other issues that get in the way of you having a good life.
Please note: we provide a professional service. We do not use volunteer and/or non-qualified, non-registered counsellors.
"Those who do not have the power over the story that dominates their lives - the power to retell it, re-experience it, deconstruct it, joke about it, and change it as times change - truly are powerless..." Salman Rushdie.
What is Counselling?
Counselling is usually a shorter to medium term form of therapy than psychotherapy.
Working with a Counsellor may help you: develop a clearer understanding of your issue(s); obtain some insight into the causes; and work out different ways forward. It is entirely up to you if you want to make changes in your life or not.
How do you make an appointment?
All communications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality and discretion.
Possibilities Counselling and Psychotherapy Centre
14 - 20 John Street