Family Counselling Aberdeen and Family Therapy Services Aberdeenshire can help you overcome relationship problems; communication difficulties; and many other issues.
Possibilities Counselling and Psychotherapy Centre is the only independent psychological therapy service in Aberdeen with fully qualified and UKCP registered family therapists/systemic psychotherapists.
Please note: we provide a professional service. We do not use volunteer and/or non-qualified, non-registered counsellors.
"Water is fluid, soft, and yielding. But water will wear away rock, which is rigid and cannot yield. As a rule, whatever is fluid, soft and yielding will overcome whatever is rigid and hard." Lao Tzu
1. Family therapy or Family Counselling Aberdeen can involve one, some or all family or household members in meetings together or separately. The whole family do not need to be involved.
2. Family therapy meetings can be with individuals, parents/carers or step-parents together or apart, couples alone or together, children, children with parents/carers or step-parents, grandparents and significant others.
3. With our ageing population, we are seeing more adult 'children' and their parents regarding late-life and other issues.
4. You don't have to be a family member to be involved.
5. Who attends meetings is your decision. We can discuss what might be best for you in advance of the meeting.
6. Family therapy considers that family members and their relationships are potential resources for generating new solutions and possibilities.
7. Rather than dwelling exclusively on problems or symptoms, family therapy also explores how family members relate to each other, to the problem and its management, the impact of events outside the family and helps you rediscover and develop strengths in your relationships.
8. Family therapy can help you strengthen relationships and build resilience. Stronger family relationships will help you get through difficult times better and help your family to flourish.
9. Family therapy can move things forward in many different ways and, in a collaborative manner, adapts these to suit your needs.
10. Family therapy does not involve psychotherapists blaming family members or anyone else.
11. There is a large and growing body of research evidence supporting the effectiveness of family therapy for a wide range of problems (Dallos and Draper, 2011).
"It is impossible to win the great prizes of life without running risks, and the greatest of all prizes are those connected with the home." Theodore Roosevelt.
Possibilities Counselling and Psychotherapy Centre's family therapy/family counselling service is accessible from Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Angus, Moray, Grampian and North East Scotland.
You can be assured that all correspondence is treated with the strictest confidentiality and discretion.
Possibilities Counselling and Psychotherapy Centre
14 - 20 John Street