What our previous clients have said
I experienced severe trauma and developed a Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder which meant I wasn’t coping well with day to day life. With CBT Therapy at Possibilities, I’ve made a number of positive changes. It was a struggle at times but my psychotherapist helped me feel safe and capable as we worked through things. I’m now back at work and my confidence is growing. I have a life again. I’m so glad I took that scary first step and called. If you’re feeling unsure, I highly recommend you call them too.
– JT, Aberdeenshire: Trauma Counselling Aberdeen.
I thought my life wasn’t worth living. My depression convinced me I was worthless and useless and my situation was hopeless. If you’re feeling something similar, go to Possibilities. They made an enormous difference to my life and they can do the same for you.
– AD, Aberdeen: Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy for Depression.
My relationship with my partner has vastly improved. We’re more able to communicate and we’re spending more time together and having fun! I can’t believe we were on the verge of separating when we contacted Possibilities as a last resort. I can’t thank them enough.
– SMcM, Aberdeenshire: Couples Counselling Aberdeen.
Possibilities was outstanding. I’ve overcome my anxiety and have the tools to keep it at bay should I need them in the future.
– MK, Aberdeen: CBT Therapy for Anxiety.
About Possibilities: offering a difference that makes the difference
‘Possibilities Counselling and Psychotherapy Centre Aberdeen’ is a leading independent psychotherapy and wellbeing service.
Possibilities provides people of Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire with:
- The most experienced (10,000 to 40,000 therapy hours) and specialist psychotherapists who, having successfully helped many thousands of people, are more than ready to help you too.
- Psychotherapists trained at the UK’s most prestigious therapy institutions and hand-selected for their expertise, compassion, professionalism and therapy successes.
- Psychotherapists fully qualified at least to postgraduate MA level and professionally registered with UKCP. All have regularly up-dated CRB checks for your safety and peace of mind.
- ‘Individualised’ and specialist counselling, CBT, psychotherapy and couples counselling to overcome a wide range of issues, dilemmas and difficulties.
- Therapies ‘enhanced’ with the “psychology of possibility”, neuroscience and the best up-to-date and effective psychological methods and psychotherapy techniques to best help you.
- Fast response times for you: we aim to see you within one to three weeks from initial contact.
- Therapies built around you specifically. We’ll spend time understanding your needs and then help you gently move toward your preferred future.
- Psychotherapy supervision and training offered to professionals, as well as consultancy for organisations looking to support their staff further.
Arrange a ‘taster’ pre-therapy ‘initial consultation’ session to discover if therapy with us will help
Arrange an initial consultation, a ‘taster’ pre-therapy’ meeting with one of our friendly psychotherapists to discuss your concerns, obtain a better sense of what’s involved in therapy and how we can help. It’s much, much more than ‘just talking’. You can then make a more informed decision about whether or not to begin therapy.
We have more possibilities available in each moment than we realise.
Thich Nhat Hanh
Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of overcoming it.
Stay up to date with recent news, insights and more in our regularly updated blog.
As we find ourselves in the middle of autumn with the daily delivery of more leaves at our feet, I often turn my thinking towards the preparation for many months of cold weather. On a good day, I imagine afternoons snuggled up with hot chocolate and a good book with...read more
Do you find yourself thinking ahead? Do you often describe yourself as an over-thinker? The trouble with overthinking and thinking ahead is that it seems to rob us of the present moment. However, apart from the loss of being able to appreciate the present, the issue...read more
How do we get to the ‘land of possibilities’? Does anyone have a map? Well, perhaps not a tangible map, but perhaps a few clues to help us explore and imagine who and what's there. I imagine it would be a land full of ‘appreciative noticer’s’, overcomers and...read more