When you’re struggling through difficult times, Possibilities counselling services in Aberdeen offer a helpful path with a heart
At its heart, Possibilities counselling is a ‘talking and action’ therapy where you can discuss what’s on your mind and what’s happened or is happening in your life with a counsellor who will listen carefully and help you find new ways of understanding and dealing more effectively with the problems and issues you face in your life and relationships. The counsellor will not judge or criticise you, just tenderly help you make new sense of things and explore new possibilities and new solutions.
Although not as long-term or focused as specialised psychotherapy, counselling is a gentle, supportive and effective way of reflecting on your life and what you might do differently.
At Possibilities, in addition to being highly experienced, qualified and professionally registered, our counsellors are all friendly, caring psychotherapists.
What can counselling services help you with?
Since nobody is the same and everyone’s situation is different, the problems you face are always going to be unique to you. Counselling is for anyone who feels stuck in their life, stressed in their situation and not coping well with the demands of everyday life
Counselling can help you resolve a whole host of problems, such as:
- Feeling stressed, anxious, frustrated, guilty and angry.
- Having difficulty relaxing and calming down.
- Feeling low and in despair, like nothing seems to matter.
- Feeling alone, insecure and disconnected from yourself and others.
- Isolating yourself or holding yourself back because you have difficulty giving trust to others and yourself.
- Experiencing difficulty adjusting to life changes.
- Frequently criticising yourself and putting yourself down.
- Feeling lost and lacking direction, not sure what path to follow in your life.
- Repeatedly caught up in unhelpful relationship issues and patterns.
- Coming to terms with distressing situations or life events such as loss of a loved one, birth of a child, divorce, separation, or confusion about who you are.
- Dealing with problems in unhealthy avoidant ways such as over-working and obsessing over little things.
- Distracting yourself excessively and numbing out with computer games, drugs and alcohol.
- Unresolved issues and past hurts interfering with your current life.
- Recovering from childhood or recent trauma.
- Dealing with depression and lack of meaning in life.
How might Possibilities counselling benefit you?
People who have consulted with us have reported the following benefits from counselling:
- “Counselling helped me make sense of my situation and discover new ways of dealing with my problems.”
- “I managed to build my confidence and to accept myself more.”
- “I found the counselling gave me better ways of dealing with my depression and healing from traumatic experiences in my childhood.”
- “I was struggling with my relationships and counselling helped me improve my relationships with the important people in my life, including me.”
- “I was able to cope much better with my anxiety and get my life back.”
How do you make an appointment?
In the first instance, we offer you an initial consultation appointment to explore what has been happening and how we might best help. All appointments are up to 50 minutes long and available on weekdays from 9.00 am to 9.00 pm. On average people need between 4 to 10 appointments. Where things are more complicated, usually more appointments are required.
We look forward to providing you with our best service.
Be reassured that professional help is at hand. We offer services that aim to reduce the fear and uncertainty about getting help. Arrange an initial consultation ‘taster’ session to discuss your needs, in privacy and comfort, to obtain a sense of how we help and for if this is the right direction for you.
And the day came when the risk (it took) to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
What our previous clients have said
I experienced severe trauma and developed a Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder which meant I wasn’t coping well with day to day life. With CBT Therapy at Possibilities, I’ve made a number of positive changes. It was a struggle at times but my psychotherapist helped me feel safe and capable as we worked through things. I’m now back at work and my confidence is growing. I have a life again. I’m so glad I took that scary first step and called. If you’re feeling unsure, I highly recommend you call them too.
– JT, Aberdeenshire: Trauma Counselling Aberdeen.
I thought my life wasn’t worth living. My depression convinced me I was worthless and useless and my situation was hopeless. If you’re feeling something similar, go to Possibilities. They made an enormous difference to my life and they can do the same for you.
– AD, Aberdeen: Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy for Depression.
My relationship with my partner has vastly improved. We’re more able to communicate and we’re spending more time together and having fun! I can’t believe we were on the verge of separating when we contacted Possibilities as a last resort. I can’t thank them enough.
– SMcM, Aberdeenshire: Couples Counselling Aberdeen.
Possibilities was outstanding. I’ve overcome my anxiety and have the tools to keep it at bay should I need them in the future.
– MK, Aberdeen: CBT Therapy for Anxiety.
Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of overcoming it.